Sleep scientists have advanced our understanding of how sleep is vital to maintaining good health over the last twenty years. While we sleep, the body is repairing many of our mental and physical functions, and a lack of sleep can lead to many illnesses and disorders. When choosing to replace your current bed with a newer example, it is important to consider several factors before making your decision. You will want to make sure you end up with a bed that will give you a great night’s sleep and look good in your bedroom. This short article will look at the various mattress options, from a traditional spring example to a natural latex mattress and the different types of bed frames you can choose from.
Finding A Great Mattress
Mattress design has advanced significantly during the last twenty years by introducing and developing new materials and technologies. When deciding what type of mattress to purchase, you will normally have three main types to choose from –
- Traditional coil/spring mattress – this is an older type of design which use springs over a covering of fabric; they can be very soft and offer less support than other options.
- Memory foam – uses layers of synthetic foam or natural latex to provide support and warmth by holding the body in place during sleep.
- Hybrid foam – uses a mixture of springs and foam to provide the best of both worlds; they offer the support of the foam and the cooling effect of the spring unit.
There is an almost endless choice when it comes to choosing a new mattress, so do not rush your purchase and try out as many as possible.
Selecting The Right Bed Frame
A bed frame forms a supporting platform that holds the mattress firmly in place. Raising the mattress off the floor promotes air circulation and prevents the build-up of dust and mould. Bed frames are manufactured at different heights and with different materials, which include –
- Materials – Wood and metal frames are the most popular type of bed frame as they are very strong and durable; they also come with a wealth of different design options, which can be adapted for many bedroom design styles.
- Height – bed frames come in three standard heights or profiles, low, standard, and high, giving varying amounts of storage space.
- Size – bed size is generally determined by the size of the bedroom; having a king-size bed in a small room is not a great idea; always consider this before deciding on your new bed.
So, there we are hopefully, you now have a better understanding of the various options available to you when buying a new bed and can approach the task with confidence.