If you own your own property whether it is a business premises or your Sydney home, if it is an older property and is maybe over 50 years old, then there is a pretty high likelihood that there may be asbestos in some form contained within it. Before you start worrying, stop for a moment and realise that as long as you don’t poke at it and you don’t break it then it is currently safe in its current form. This means that if you suspect that there is asbestos within your property then you leave it alone and you call out the professionals immediately.
These service providers specialise in asbestos removal and they will come out to check if it is indeed this very dangerous material and if it is, then they will put the wheels in motion to rid your property of it altogether. It involves a process that means that you, your family and your employees need to leave the property for a time so that they can properly quarantine the area and remove the asbestos. There are a number of reasons why your DIY skills are no good to you here and why calling out the professionals is the smart choice every single time.
- They have the knowledge & experience – This will not be the first time that they have gone up your Sydney property to assess and to remove asbestos and it certainly will not be their last. They have been doing asbestos removal in Sydney many years now and so they can use this knowledge and expertise to address your issue so that you and your family and your employees can get on with your lives.
- They have the right insurance in place – Not just anyone can be authorised to remove asbestos from your property and these service providers also need to have the right insurance in place in the unlikely event that an issue might occur. It is essential that all property owners have peace of mind knowing that if anything untoward happens then there is insurance in place to cover all eventualities.
- They dispose of it properly – Transporting asbestos from a building to a site where it is properly disposed of is not a very straightforward thing to do and there is so much health and safety in place and many rules put in place by your local authority to make sure that it is disposed of in a proper manner. This isn’t something that could be just dumped at the local waste site and so this is why you always need to engage with the professionals.
Hopefully these three reasons have made it clear why you should never play around with this dangerous element because it has the ability to make you incredibly sick and in a number of cases it will take your life. This is not something you want to be taking chances with in a feeble attempt to try to save yourself money by doing it yourself.