Although we are not as affected as other cities in the United States, Florida is still subject to severe storms. These storms can bring heavy rain, hail, winds and flying debris. Your roof protects you against all of these dangers. The roof can sustain serious damage. But what do you do after a storm? Continue reading to learn how to repair your roof after a storm. To speak with a representative, call KCG Roofing and Carpentry if you have any questions. We are always available to assist.
Safety should always be your first priority before you go out to inspect for damage to your property. After a storm, there are many dangers. If you don’t have safety equipment, or you prefer to stay put, KCG Roofing and Carpentry will inspect your home and determine if you are covered for storm damage. Call KCG Roofing and Carpentry for more information.
Take a walk around your property and take photos and videos of any damage. This will be a huge help when you need to file an insurance claim to get your roof repaired or replaced. These are some things you should look at and keep track of:
- Roof: Take a walk around your home’s perimeter to inspect the roof. A window may allow you to see the roof better from one of your windows. Look out for missing, damaged, curled or dented shingles.
- Gutters and Vents – Check your gutters and vents to make sure they are free from dents or other damage.
- Windows: Check the windows for cracks or broken glass, as well as torn screens.
- Perimeter: Look around your front and back yards to see if there are any fallen trees, missing fence posts or damage to lawn furniture, decorations and plants.
- Ceiling and Attic: Check to make sure that nothing has made it in. You want to ensure that there is no moisture or water in the attic and on the top floor. If water leaks come in contact with electric wires, they can prove to be dangerous.
Hire A Reliable Roofing Contractor
Once you have assessed the damage and documented it, it’s time to repair them. KCG Roofing and Carpentry can help you find a trustworthy roofing contractor to start your roof repair. KCG Roofing and Carpentry has years of experience in the industry, is regularly trained, and is equipped with modern tools and equipment. This is all to ensure that we deliver high quality repairs for our customers. We offer affordable and competitive prices. We offer additional discounts and promotions, and we even go the extra mile. Visit our website to discover opportunities and then call KCG Roofing and Carpentry for a live representative.
This post was written by a roofing professional at KCG Roofing. KCG Roofing is a premier roofing contractor in Florida! KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years. Click here to learn more.